Circuits are the skill system used in CrossWorlds. They can be activated in the Circuit Menu, which is unlocked at the end of the Rhombus Dungeon. The Circuit Menu is split into five Circuit Trees: a neutral tree, and one for each element. The neutral tree is unlocked by default, and others are unlocked on obtaining that element.
There are two types of Circuits: Passive Circuits and Combat Arts. Passive Circuits provide stat boosts or other background benefits. The Passive Circuits in the elemental trees are only active while in that element mode; those in the neutral tree are always active, but are only half as effective in element modes. Combat Arts are active skills for use in battle, and are mostly detailed on their own page. A circuit can only be unlocked if its parent circuit is already unlocked.
Each tree consists of four major paths, with one associated with each basic Combat skill, and containing circuits geared toward that skill. The four neutral paths are balanced, but each elemental tree has two large paths, and a medium and small path joined at the base, which is based on that element's related skills. For Heat, Melee and Guard are large, Dash is medium and Throw is small.
The Circuit Trees contain special structures called Branches, which consist of two parallel paths of three skills each, including at least one Combat Art. Although it is not possible to have both paths active at once, once one path is unlocked, the active path can be switched at any time at no cost. This allows the player to easily switch their active Combat Arts to match the situation.
Circuit Points, or CP, are used to unlock Circuits. Circuits cost between 1 and 4 Circuit Points, with Circuits near the end of their tree being more expensive. Each tree has a separate pool of Circuit Points in order to allow the trees unlocked later to be as useful as those unlocked immediately. Circuit Points are earned, one for each tree, on gaining a Level. The level cap of 99 means a maximum of 98 CP can be earned in this way. The neutral tree requires 104 CP for full unlocking, while the elemental trees each require 108 CP.
Sources of CP
- Digging Up the Past - 1 CP for the neutral tree
- Crocus Pocus - 1 CP for every elemental tree
- Henry Trailblazing - 1 CP for every circuit tree
- The Observatory - 1 CP for every circuit tree
- Waves of Sand - 1 CP for the heat tree
- Trial of Ascension - 1 CP for the wave tree
- Wetter Work - 1 CP for the cold tree
- Riches with Fridges - 1 CP for the shock tree
- Spiritual Drinks - 1 CP for the shock tree
- Tremors of the Past - 1 CP for the shock tree
- Salty Detox - 2 CP for the wave tree
- Wrath of Goat - 2 CP for the cold tree
- In Cawhoofs - 1 CP for the heat tree
- Trouble on the Highway - 1 CP for every elemental tree
- Lost and On the Run - 1 CP for every elemental tree
- Beach Fight - 1 CP for the heat tree
- Complete the Challenge of Para Island - 2 CP for the neutral tree
- Complete Ku'lero Temple - 1 CP for every elemental tree
Arena Shop (DLC)
- Symbol of Neutral - 1 CP for the neutral tree
- Symbol of Heat - 1 CP for the heat tree
- Symbol of Cold - 1 CP for the cold tree
- Symbol of Shock - 1 CP for the shock tree
- Symbol of Wave - 1 CP for the wave tree
List of Passive Skills
The following tables list the Passive Skills available in each skill tree.