We are currently maintaining 5,067 pages (538 articles).
CrossCode is a retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future, combining 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story. You follow a player called Lea as she logs into CrossWorlds - a fictional MMO of the distant future. Lea is not your average player though. She has lost her memory and is (literally) mute. Now the only way to regain her memory is to play CrossWorlds, discovering all the places the game has to offer and meeting other players on the way - hoping they won't discover her secret. As Lea’s memory returns, a deep mystery surrounding CrossWorlds will be unraveled - and you may come to understand why a mute player is stuck in this game in the first place. CrossCode combines features of the Action-Adventure and RPG genres, delivering both a great variety of puzzles and an engaging, fast-paced combat system with plenty of options for character growth.
Take the best out of two popular genres, find a good balance between them and make a great game. That’s what CrossCode does. And it works pretty well. You get the puzzles of Zelda-esque dungeons and are rewarded with the great variety of equipment you know and love from RPGs. During the fast-paced battles you will use the tools you find on your journey to reveal and exploit the enemies' weaknesses and at the same time will be able to choose equipment and skills for a more in-depth approach in fighting your enemies.
- 16-bit, SNES-style 2D graphics with detailed animations
- A soundtrack inspired by old SNES and Playstation JRPGs
- A unique ball throwing mechanic with charging functionality and ricocheting balls, used for combat and puzzles
- A fast-paced combat system featuring close and ranged attacks, guarding, dashing and a great variety of special attacks.
- A complete RPG system with leveling, equipment, consumable items and skill trees
- A detailed movement system with auto-jumping and precise collision
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Feel free to register and join our user base by clicking here.
Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the help wiki page.
- If you are unsure of what to do or how to create a page, search for a few articles on the same topic and see what they look like. You can always view the source code in a wiki and learn from what others have done.