A version of the Neutral Virus that uses Heat based attacks. It uses the neutral Viruses as pawns to attack its enemies. However this is also its weak spot. Once the neutral ones are stunned, push them into the Heat Virus to break their shield.
|-Monster Fibula report|
The Heat Virus ressembles a real life bacteriophage. It has an orange prism for a head that's supported by a stem and four two-jointed legs, and while it looks similar to the Neutral Virus, it is slightly larger in size.
Heat Viruses are mostly invincible and don't attack by themselves; instead, they empower Neutral Viruses with Heat. After it has empowered one, the Neutral Virus will launch itself towards the player while surrounded by fire. The player then can use any Cold attack on the Neutral Virus to turn it into a floating anti-virus that can be pushed into the Heat Virus to break it and deactivate its shield.
If there are less than two Neutral Viruses in the fight, the Heat Virus can spawn two more that will also be destroyed after its defeat.
Destroy all neutral viruses except for 2 so the Heat Virus won't summon more and extend the battle. If broken, destroy it as fast as possible.
- Vermillion Wasteland
- Crimson Lake (x1)
- Ebony Forest (x2) (x2, non-respawning)
- Spiral Cliff (x4, non-respawning)
- South Challenge B1 (x3, non-respawning)
- North Challenge B1 (x1, non-respawning)
- Storage Basement (x3, non-respawning)
- Lab Entrance (DLC Exclusive) (x1, non-respawning)
- Junction J03-01 (DLC Exclusive) (x2, non-respawning)
- Vermillion Dungeon
- Infected Room (x3, non-respawning)
- Vermillion Tower
- Center Elevator GF (x1, non-respawning)