This bug is a true warrior and master of the hidden arts of the blade. Trained by a master since its birth it takes down enemies with swift strikes. It is said to be so fast that it can even dodge bullets. Its weapons of choice are dual swords known as "Moon Blades". When threatened it can summon a shock barrier and it uses an extremely fast attack that uses both swords to slice through its enemies.
|-Monster Fibula report|
The Moon Beetle looks like an average beetle with a purple shell, big mandibles and six black legs. After being provoked, it reveals a more humanoid form, where its shell acts like an armor that covers its chest, hip and shoulders, and like a helmet for its head, where its mandibles act like horns. It is now bipedal, with the legs it uses to walk having a grey and wider section over the knees, while another pair of legs turns into arms that it uses to wield two swords. Red eyes can be seen under its helmet at times.
It normally does a backflip, runs towards the player and does a sword slash that can be countered. For its second attack, it charges electricity and becomes extremely evasive. It can continue attacking normally in this state and, after enough time passes, it backflips, stays in place and dashes with both swords into the player at lightning speed. If they fail to dodge, they become locked in place and get hit by a thunder that falls from the sky.
Because of how strong these enemies are when you enter Sapphire Ridge, countering their basic attack is a good way to deal great damage and keep them stunned for a brief moment. Wave Throw Arts like Elven Orb deal massive damage to this enemy and they are sure to hit if it hasn’t electrified itself while Ki Thrust, a melee Wave Combat Art, applies Mark, pushes enemies away and deals acceptable damage.
- Sapphire Ridge
- Western Exit (x1)
- North West Path (x4)
- Eroded Passage (x2)
- River Road (x5) (x1 during the Last Minute Help Needed quest)
- The Cave Inn (x1)
- Bamboo Thicket (x1)
- North East Path (x3) (x2 during the Last Minute Help Needed quest)
- Spider Chasm (x2)
- Flower Lake (x2) (x4 during the Last Minute Help Needed quest, more show up during the fight)
- Narrow Passage (x2)
- Old Dojo (x5) (x2, non-respawning)
- Old Dojo Interior (x4, non-respawning)
- Old Dojo and Old Dojo Interior are two different areas with the same name. They are named like this in this page solely to differentiate them.
- High Ground (x2)
- Henry's Hideout (non-respawning, only after hitting Henry twice)